Friday, May 15, 2009

Tulip Time!

Last weekend was the annual "Tulip Festival" in Pella. So we waited for the storm to past last Friday evening & drive the 1/2 hour to Pella. Once we got down there we again waited for the down pour to stop, it was only 10 minutes or so. I love having the channel 8 Doppler on my cell phone!






After the rain & the minor street flooding, Pella was buzzing with activity.

We walked through many of the shops, got goodies from the bakery, jerky from the meat market & other yummy food throughout town. after walking around to see the flowers we bought stand tickets to watch the evening program. They introduces the "Tulip Queen" and the court, street dancing, signing & more. It was a wonderful program. To end the program they of course washed the street in true Dutch fashion. The kids enjoyed it.
During the street dancing the would ask people from the audience to join in & how could I say no, after telling the kids to take a chance & try something new. So there I am, It was a lot of fun & the young man dancing with me helped out a lot with the steps I needed to make. Matt & the kids enjoyed me out dancing..










After the rain the evening got chilly (really chilly) so we ended up not staying for the entire parade under the lights, next year we will make sure we stay for the entire thing, since this will hopefully become a fun family tradition.Matt, the kids & I are getting a lot better at taking pictures with my cell phone!
I think they all turned out great. I am thankful to have it with me at all times.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 AM , Blogger Yarian said...

Your camera phone works great. I thought the pictures turned out great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home