Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Empty Nest (kind of)

Well another milestone checked off the list...

Bryceton started preschool today. This morning went by fast between 6:45am when the kids woke up and 8:20am when we started to load up the car to take both Emmersyn & Bryceton to school.
Bryce eat a little breakfast before getting ready in the clothes he picked out to wear. Then it was time for mommy to take pictures & then we were off.
After dropping Emma off at her school Bryce & I headed to his. We walked into the building & he started looking for his hook to hang his bag. He pretty much knew what to do since he watched Emma do it the last two years. Once the class room was oped for the kids to come in, he walked in as if he owned the place.

Once in the class room we walked around to find his cubbie, his "pond" to sit on & the sign in board. As you can tell Bryce was very excited for school & was eager to show off everything. Bryce remembered where the bathrooms were & that he had to wash his hands to start the day at school.

I wasn't sure how he was going to do this morning since he is very much a "Mommy's Boy", but after he walked around & kissed me good bye, he walked away & joined the class looking at books sitting on their ponds.
He's growing up way to fast. I can't believe how independent he already is. A few tears were shed another bitter sweet moment down in the books & I think we both handled it well.
When I picked him up his teacher said he did wonderful & was such a big helper. In his class of sixteen she said there were six of them crying most of the 2 1/2 hours, thankfully he was not one of them.

Note: I did have a meeting set up while he was at school so I still have yet to be alone during that time.

3 Comments:

At 2:57 PM , Blogger Yarian said...

They grow up so fast. He's not my kid but I got a little emotional reading this blog of yours.

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

What a big kid! I have been meaning to tell you I love his buzz cut-- it looks so cute! We are going to do our best to make it to his birthday party- it has been to long since to boys have gotten together!

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I'm glad to see mommy... I mean Bryce... made it through his first day of school. He looks like such a big boy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home