Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ohio Bound

This past Labor Day weekend our family headed East to visit my Grandma & other family. After the 9 hour trip there we pulled into Grandma's house about 3 am Ohio time. Since a few members of the family were up we talked a little while then headed to bed. Up again at 8 am to start the day. Saturday we hung out around the house, the kids played in the pond & around the yard. We planned to grill out for lunch so we took our "Road trip Grill) it worked great. For dinner we decided on spaghetti (Matt & I made the sauce on Thursday). 3 gallons of sauce & 5 pounds of noodles & you can cater to approx. 50 people. Saturday seemed to fly bye & thank goodness we had all day Sunday to spend with family too.

We were lucky to have 41 out of 51 of our family members there (we missed you Jeff, Angel & kids, Naomi, Chris & kids) & we enjoyed spending time with everyone.
As you can tell Bryce was enjoying spending time with my cousins Elisha & Ashley. Both the kids enjoyed the time with cousins. They also enjoyed spending time with our newest member of our family Anna. Anna is a beautiful 7 year old girl that now is a big part of my brother's family. We are all very excited to have her in our lives. She's pictured below in the wagon (middle)with some of the kids .

Sunday after church we had the "Dan Clan" reunion to attend this is a reunion of my Grandma's side of the family 2nd & 3rd cousins. We had lunch in the churches basement then we headed over to the Menchhoffer's Farm (more relatives), at the farm we got to pet the animals, go on horse back rides, wagon rides, play games & make ice cream & don't forget the bonfire.




Most of the day I spent playing hillbilly golf & Frisbee. I also got to spend some time with a second cousin of mine I haven't seen in at least 3 years. It was great to reconnect with Sean & see how his life has been going. It was also great to meet his fiance Lindsay & her son. Matt & I now realize that we are not as young as we used to be. On the ride home on Sunday we were feeling how old we were by the mussels in our arms, chest, shoulders & legs were. We did make it home by 5 on Monday evening, we ordered pizza & had the kids in bed by 8.

This past weekend was a wonderful weekend & I can't wait until we can all get together again. I hope to have more pictures of this past weekend & if all works out well we will be able to retrieve the pictures off Matt & my camera. We'll see.

Oh by the way Sean you still have yet to e-mail me!

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM , Blogger Yarian said...

I'm glad you were able to use the pictures that were sent. I hope you can get yours off of your camera because I know yours were better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home