Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Flying By"

This past weekend my cousin Mike & his wife Nikki along with there 2 kids Chase & Abby came up from the St.Louis area. They came up to support Nikki's cousin who was running in the Des Moines Marathon. Since they made the trip up to visit the Des Moines area my brother & his family made the trip down here to see them.

I worked at Kohl's on Friday night which I didn't miss much since Mike's gang didn't get into town until 9:30 pm-10 o'clock.
Saturday we were sure what all my cousins, parents, bother & we were all doing so Matt, the kids & I headed over to my parents to find out. Everyone was going to head over to my house that way I could take Matt home so he could get to work by 11:30, once we got there we decide that since my brother has his pilot licence that he could take everyone up for a ride.

Down to Knoxville it is...mind you that Derik has had his licence for a while now & this will be my 1st trip up with him.
When we got there he was up in the air with Mike & Matthias, then Nikki , Chase & Abby had their flight.




Emma, Bryce & I had our turn next. Bryce wasn't sure if he wanted to go once he was strapped in, I told him things would be fine & they were it was just a new experience. Emma was very excited to go up in the plane, the headset was just a little big. Once up in the air the kids & I loved it so it was worth the 5 minutes of crying we listened to on take off.







The last flight was with my mom, dad & Issac. Jamie still wont fly... but Derik finally got my mom up there. Little steps right!

Derik is a great pilot & I would let him pilot for me anytime, but after this weekend Derik now owes Matt a flight sometime since of course he worked & the kids & I got to go up.
Thanks for taking us all up Derik.

Saturday after all the flying we headed back to my house to let the kids run & play & we ordered pizza. Good friends joined us so we had an evening of peel & eat shrimp & pizza. What a night.

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM , Blogger Yarian said...

I'll get up there one of these days.

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Emma looks so cute with that big head set on!

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Don't worry Bryce.. I would have cried too!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home