Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Muiscal beds?

Well as some of you know, since we moved into our new house Emmersyn has had a queen size bed (our guest bed). In which my mom & I made a queen size "princess" comforter for the bed. Mom & I worked so had & long on that comforter & enjoyed showing off our handy work. The comforter has been done now almost 2 years & has been used & admired ever since.Emmersyn enjoyed having the big bed in her room except for the fact that it didn't leave much room for playing.

That all has changed in the last week.

A friend of mine asked if I would be interested in a day bed that she was planning on throwing out. I said sure. I knew I was having a garage sale if Matt decided we really didn't need it. So She dropped off the bed & thanked me for taking it off her hands. In the process she explained to Emma on what a day bed is...
"It's a bed for a princess, that's like a couch so you get to put a lot of pillow around it, & of course throw them on the floor at bed time" Emmersyn was sold. She insisted that that was the bed for her & it needed to get up up in her room right away.

So the bed was free, now what to do for a mattress. We'll it turns out that my parents had a twin size mattress off of an old bed that has just been lying on there guest bed (the perfect price), so they dropped it off one evening. So as everything ins falling into place, Matt & I realized twin sheets????

We have a set of summer & a set of flannel for Bryce's bed (both "Cars"), not really the "princess Emma had in mind. Then I remembered at a garage sale last summer I bought a set of twin "belle" sheets that we have use when we make tents around the house. Good thing we solved the sheet problem. We don't have a comforter for this bed yet, but since its summer we just put a jean blanket that my Grandma made for Emmersyn after she was born. It looks great & fits wonderfully

Last Sunday when Emmersyn was at a friends house swimming, Matt, Bryce & I got to work. Old bed out & new on in. All set up & pretty with Emma not having a clue on what is happening at home. When she got home her friend & her went straight to her room to play then, she saw it at first she didn't know what to think & just sat there smiling ear to ear. She really liked her "New" bed.

After her friend left Emma wanted some time to play in her "new room" so off she went. About ten minutes later, we found this.... She has this whole new bed to sleep on & she decides the perfect place for a nap is under the bed & behind the the storage cubes.

As for the queen size bed that was in Emmersyn's room that now has a new home in what will be the master bedroom in our basement. We hope to put walls up sometime, but with some carpet that my parents took out of their house & the queen bed that room too is falling together just right.

Decorating on a budget is fun when everything just falls into place like they did for us this weekend. Thanks to everybody who helped it fall into place.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Blogger Yarian said...

I love your decorating "Cents". I bought some flannel sheets at a garage sale this weekend for 2 dollars a set. I love the new room and can't wait to see it in person next week. Kids do sleep in the oddest places don't they?

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger Bird's Eye View Photography said...

What an adorable picture of emma! I had a day bed like that growing up and I loved it! I am sure that she will too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home