Tuesday, July 01, 2008

National Convention 08

This past week I left early on Thursday morning & headed off to Chicago,
for my Signature HomeStyles National Convention.


And what a time I had, I met a great friend Amanda on the way. Once we were there she & I had to check in & make our way to the Home office & warehouse tour. What a wonderful place, with many new ideas & great people.


Also at the end of the tour they draw two names to do either a 60 or a 90 second shopping spree. Pretty much you have that amount of time to grab anything & everything you can out of 3 isles in the warehouse. To my surprise my name was drawn for the 90 second spree. Since Amanda was there she pulled my cart ( I was supposed to aim for the cart). Once the clock started I started pulling, grabbing & knocking stuff of the shelves just to get it to the floor since that still counted. Boy does time go fast when your running around, but it was a lot of fun & I ended up getting over $2000 worth of merchandise.




Me with all my loot!!!!

My highlight on Friday was that I got to meet Frank Bielec from "Trading Spaces" he is such a friendly, down to earth person. It was a lot of fun getting decorating ideas from him & just shooting the breeze. I also got to spend some time with the founder/owner of the company, we feel like one big family & that's such a wonderful thing to be a part of. Friday night we also ended with a desert bar & dance so we rocked the night away until 2 am then we sat up & talked until 3. What wonderful friendships I made with friends from all over the US & Canada. Kayla is from Wisconsin.
Saturday much like Friday was filled with workshops, demos & training . I got many great ideas on how to get my business up to were I want it top be (round 8 shows a month[ 2 shows per week]) so if any one want to help me reach my goal please contact me I would love to get you shopping on my companies dime. Check the fall/holiday catalog out at www.signaturehomestyles.biz/danette

After a sardine ride home in a van with 5 other people, luggage, supplies & other free gift packages (for 4 people). I finally arrived home at 10:30pm Saturday. It was great to be home & see Matt & the kids. They also seemed glad I was home. But I still can't wait until November when I head to regionals & then again in June of 09 at convention.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Wow!! That was a heck of a shopping spree!! Looks like a lot of fun!!

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger Yarian said...

Looks like you had a great time. You really managed to grab a lot of stuff in 90 seconds that's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home