Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Recap 3 of 3

Sunday (May 24) I had the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday.
Okay, Okay I turned 30. There I said it. Happy Now?

It started very, very early too! After staying up way to late. After sleeping in the tent to let the cool air help Darth Vader aka Bryceton breath easier, we realized he wasn't very comfortable. So around 4:30 am we headed off to a small town called Coldwater, OH (the closes ER) & we spent the next 3 hours getting observed after Bryceton had a shot & a breathing treatment. What fun the ER was!
We made our way back to my Grandma's house around 8 am, just as some of the family was getting ready for Sunday school, Matt, Bryceton & I crawled into the queen size bed with Emmersyn & headed off to dreamland. I think that was the best sleep I had gotten all weekend & when I woke up it was only 9:30 am. Time to start the day!


Since we were not able to get to church we sat around & socialized with some of the family that also didn't make it to church. Once family started coming home we decided to make our way down the road to were my Grandpa & my Uncle Donn are buried to pay our respects. My aunt Grace & my uncle Luther helped everyone remember by decorating the head stone with M & M garland (long story, but wonderful idea) & Emmersyn had written both Great Grandpa & Great Uncle Donn notes expressing how much they are Loved & Missed. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about them.

The rest of the afternoon was just hanging out at the farm, playing yard games, paddle boating on the pond, and goofing around just having fun & so much more.










The Yarian's version of "Beverly Hillbillies"

The Great-Grand Kids that were visiting this weekend







Matt did think he had to give me a birthday gift of throwing me into the pond, which I had an idea this was going to happen I just thought it would be my uncles not my husband.

As you can tell he didn't feel bad about it either. Matt ended up jumping in too. The water wasn't too bad as long is you stayed within 4 feet of the surface, further down than that it was cold. The kids all enjoyed playing in the water, feeding the catfish & catching frogs.

Adam a friend of the family also brought a couple of his horses for us to ride & that was a lot of fun since it has been many, many years since I have ridden.

We headed home first thing on Monday morning & it rained all the way back to Iowa.

I had a great relaxing weekend & birthday.

So a recap: 9 hour car ride, Grandma's, bon fire, Nursing home in Toledo (breathing treatment), Toledo Zoo, Uncle Paul & Aunt Melissa's, Grandma's again, Coldwater, OH hospital ER, Grandma's pond, hillbilly golf, goof, horseback riding. 9 hour car ride home. What a weekend!

Here's the whole Dan Clan (minus Jamie who stayed home)

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Julie Wiederstein said...

Looks like you had a great birthday (for the most part anyway)! Welcome to the 30s Club! =) Hope Bryceton is feeling 100% now!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Danette said...

Bryceton has now ended up with pneumonia, so he's getting better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home